DETAILS IN BRIEF
Situation & Amenities
- Approx 1 hour and twenty minutes from Kandy town
- Altitude 1000M - climate temperate
- Outstanding views of tea estates and mountains
- Close to The Knuckles Nature Reserve & Corbett's Gap
- Excellent walking and bird watching
- World class Victoria Golf Club 45 mins
- Transport service available
- Three twin / double bedrooms, all en suite
- Large living room / dining room with stone-built fireplace
- 50 ft verandah
- Solar-heated swimming pool
- Satellite TV
- Golf driving range, table tennis
- Fully staffed
- British - Sri Lankan management
The Knuckles Mountain Range (known in Sinhalese as Dumbara Kanduvetiya, meaning "Misty Mountains") is an area of truly outstanding natural beauty and has been declared a Unesco World Heritage Conservation Area. Despite this, the region is still undeveloped for the tourist industry and Rangala House remains the only luxury class guest house in the area. Visitors often comment on the glorious hill country location, away from it all, yet only a short journey from Kandy or the world-class Victoria Golf Course. The scenery is spectacular and the weather wonderfully temperate.
If you are interested in this brief description of Rangala House, please explore the website further. There are detailed descriptions of the house and amenities, the local area, things to do, flora & fauna, and so on. There is also an extensive photo gallery. If you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us by email or phone.
New for 2011/2012
This is a larger room with en suite bathroom, slightly separated from the main villa, with its own balcony affording spectacular views. There is sleeping accommodation for a maximum of 4 comprising a double bed & a further double/twin bed on a raised gallery. It has lounge facilities, satellite TV and a mini kitchen bar with fridge. There is also a collection of contemporary Sri Lankan art on show.
By arrangement, guests can choose to have their meals served here, instead of the main villa verandah.
The current Rangala House brochure contains a useful summary of information together with plenty of photographs. Please feel free to print this leaflet out if required.